Third post of my ‘Travel With Me’ series! Hope you enjoy them, cause I have so much fun planning those posts and I put a real effort writing them and snapping interesting pictures.
Being a constant overpacked it is really a challenge for me to pack only necessary things – the ones I actually going to use and not just bring on holidays and then bring back home without even touching them. So I’ve accumulated several tips and trick for healthy beauty packing.
- Depotting and decanning. Don’t pack massive bottles of foundations / primers / moisturizers / face masks. Little pots are you best friends during holidays. Roughly estimate the amount of each you may need and leave those heavy bulky bottles at home (especially glass ones – heavy and impractical)
- Mutli-purpose items. Try to find things that can do several jobs – lip and cheek tints, cream eyeshadows for lids and highlighting purposes, oils good for face, hands and body, brushes that allows you to do your whole face makeup – foundation / blush / bronzer
- Palettes. if you have palettes with eye colors / blushes / eye pencils / bronzers – this is what you have to take. Don’t pack a full amount of individual bits – you are not going to use them anyway (we all been there, right?). Even if it does an eye palette it’s better then single eyeshadow for different looks, eyeshadows for brows and inner conner highlight, I’m I right? Hope so. Oh simple use some sort of Z-palettes or Unii-palettes.
- Skip some steps. For example some fancy hair treatments / masks – can you just live one week with out them? Probably you can with out even noticing it. Give youself a break. No heating tools -> no heat protectants. You see? The luggage is getting smaller and lighter.
- And finally – samples. You know those shopping days when you got a lot of samples and you never end up even looking through them? Well anyway I do that. I have a small box where I store ALL my samples, so when I go on holidays this comes really handy. I have everything I need there – night creams, some serums, shampoos, conditioners, nail polish removing pads, masks…All you will ever need. Just give it a good=deep dig. This is also brings the topic of travel-sized beauty. Pretty much self-explanatory, right?
Some product recommendations: Coconut Oil for hands, feet, face, hair, cuticle. MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study as eyeshadow base, highlighter, eyeshadow, inner corner pop. NARS duo in Laguna / Orgasm – 2 in 1. MAC palette – eyelid colors + brow shade. Empty pots from Essence, KIKO, Body Shop. Real Techniques Multi-task brush – blush / bronzer / powder buddy.
What are your tips on easy and light packing? Help me out even more! If you have any questions – do not hesitate asking them, I’d love some feedback!