I always thought about myself as an organized person – I even did a separate blogpost about it here. I’m fond of making list and ticking off things I’ve done. But once I got my first Filofax I understood the quote – there is always some room for improvement. Now I need to master the whole ‘decorate your Filofax as much as you can till it doesn’t even look like an agenda’ thing. Don’t think I’ll get it though.
Sometimes it’s hard to be productive – we’ve all been there when you either don’t know where to start or how to make the most out of your day. Luckily I was taught since childhood how important to be organized and not to waste your treasured time since you can never get it back. Growing up I’ve accumulated several golden rules that help me survive. Today I’ve decided to help those you struggle with that problem or those you want just to learn something new – you are all welcomed.
- Keep track of everything you need to do and the deadlines. Thus you can plan when the certain thing needs to be done and can easily prioritize you tasks – something is more urgent and some things can wait for a next week or so
- Diary. Keep notes of every appointment, every meeting, every important date (either exam, either birthday or simply important assignment)
- Wear watch. Just to be aware of the time spent, the time left and so on
- Give yourself a rest. If you feel you aren’t doing your best try have a 10-15 minute break – we aren’t robots, we are human beings and we can get tired, it’s a normal thing. Go grab a healthy snack or listen a couple of you fav songs, read several pages of the book you’re currently enjoying or simply watch a YouTube video, but don’t get TOO distracted
- Keep you working place clean. My mind is always lost whether my desk is cluttered. I don’t even have a desire to sit their and do staff – even pleasant one. Mind refuses to work. Try to leave there only useful and needed things, put away all the cr*p
- Fresh air. If you can work outside. If don’t (like the majority of people) provide yourself with fresh air. In the summer I have a window 24/7 open and during colder time I make sure that during my break (#3) I let some fresh air in at least for 10 min
- Prepare outfits and bag essential ahead. This might seem weird, but trust me it’s equally important. We are noticing how much time we spend in the mornings picking out what to wear and what to pack out bags with – this or that lipstick, where are those socks, do I need a laptop today, where is my charger, amply pack of tissues…what, where are those socks, this tee is dirty, I need a fresh one… I’m sure one of those question popped out your mouth sometimes. Am I right?
Hope those recommendation will help you and if you have something to share – please do, I’ll really appreciate that.
P.S. I always keep a hand cream near me, why not moisturize you hands, do you agree?
Beauty isn’t the only thing I’m going crazy about. Of course. I’ve already mentioned that here, haven’t I?
This time I’m going to reveal another odd obsession – stationery.
Who doesn’t feel excited about new ink pen or fresh lines in a notepad? Probably normal people don’t even notice those types of things, but I do.
Do you know that sound when you turn over new pages? That color saturation of a new pen? The freshly unpacked post-it notes? Gosh, I can go over and over for
My weaknesses – notepads, pens, Stabilo fineliners, post-its, some random
unnecessary cute staff.
The design and packing are key factors while picking something up. Isn’t this Apple-d notepad adorable? And this black-n-white notepad with a fir; with clear pages? You see, I’m crazy….
I also adore my new album with sticky notes, bookmarks and ordinary sheets of paper – but do you see how sweet they are – hearts, birds, leaves, pastel colors…?
Stabilo pens and marks? They deserve the whole separate post. The colors, the texture, the thickness and that sleek design?
These can cheer you up every cold day, it instantly brings joy and also makes everything easy to find – neon stickers.
‘Antiqued‘ envelopes. My friends always ask me where do I get those whenever I hide something in those for them.
Pocket Sticker Pack – sticker, paper cuts, pen holder, corners – everything that helps you be organized / colorful / creative! It transforms your planner or your desk area.
Are you fond of stationery? If you do, welcome to the crazy people club!